The TrellisTM platform consists of a series of applications that when combined provide a complete data center infrastructure management (DCIM) solution on a single platform. Organizations of any size will find value when implementing the TrellisTM platform. Emerson Network Power recognizes that one size does not fit all and therefore designed the TrellisTM software solution around the needs of all data centers.
From detecting problems before they occur, to predictive analysis to change control and planning, you’ll have newfound visibility and control of your data center. The result is smarter and faster decisions resulting in higher availability, reduced costs, improved performance and ultimate confidence.
TrellisTM Inventory Manager allows users to collect a detailed catalog of all the inventory items that are placed in the data center. They can see where all devices are located and understand how much capacity (power, cooling, weight and space) is available and consumed at any point in the data center based on faceplate or de-rated values.
With Trellis Inventory Manager:
- An operator can find equipment quicker
- Data center engineers can make quicker decisions on placement of new equipment
- Data center managers get an overview of the inventory deployed, the capacity available and the capacity remaining, based on faceplate or de-rated consumption data
- Minimize effort brought by manual, outdated or conflicting lists of data center assets
- Minimize errors due to outdated or conflicting lists of assets; you maintain only one comprehensive source of documentation for all devices in the data center
- Find equipment (and relevant asset data) quicker through the use of a search-and-locate feature
- Fast-track device placement, provisioning or decommissioning with help from a comprehensive and unified floor, rack plan and device plan
- Quickly determine what connections exist for a chosen asset (no more tracing cables behind racks)
- Reduce time spent and personnel traffic inside the data center
- Understand exactly what capacities exist within the data center, what has already been used and what is remaining, understanding how the consumption levels rate against thresholds that apply
The TrellisTM Change Planner allows data center managers to plan, assign, execute and audit changes in the data center, faster and more intelligently. The operations team assigns tasks to individuals, who can then execute the plan against a record of progress. Data center managers—who use actual consumption and capacity as their baseline—can confidently say that an asset move will be supported in its new location and that capacity will be there when it physically arrives. Impact is determined before a capital investment is made.
With Trellis Change Planner:
- Site technicians get a clean set of instructions to follow for each change in the data center infrastructure, removing the need for “on-the-fly” decision making and reducing the time needed for the change
- Site engineers are fully in control of all changes and make decisions on deployment based on actual consumption and capacity, reducing the amount of time needed for planning a change
- Data center managers are more confident that all the changes planned in the data center are well designed and all changes are done in a controlled manner
- Plan out a complex set of steps involved in a data center project (such as server and rack moves, connection changes, etc.) then implement the change and track its progress
- Visualize beforehand, through a series of pictures, how the new device would fit the data center via the rack timeline view
- Prevent costly rework by seeing the impact of proposed changes (space, power, connections) before committing the resources to the project
- Fully comply with auditing requirements using a detailed record of changes made and the personnel accountable for specific tasks
- Ensure IT and facilities teams are on the same page, reducing risks of unplanned down time and other issues brought by lack of coordination
- Build confidence among decision makers that planned changes are well-designed, well-documented, easy to follow and executed in a controlled manner
TrellisTM Site Manager tracks and reports on the health of facility-critical devices and provides information on power, cooling and environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, air flow and leak detection. Its customizable notification and threshold validation functions allow users to focus on active alarms that need to be attended to immediately, thus enabling the effective and efficient use of support personnel.
With Trellis Site Manager:
- Data center engineers and technicians can focus on issues which may need attention, thus allowing effective and efficient use of support personnel
- The time required to identify and resolve issues with critical infrastructure devices is reduced, thus increasing availability of the data center
- Assure business-critical continuity with comprehensive event management and alarm notifications
- Create user-defined rules regarding email notifications and reduce time sorting through inbox messages received
- Prevent unnecessary tracking of alarms via the creation of a “to-do” list to be attended
- Reduce time spent identifying and resolving issues with critical infrastructure devices, ensuring efficient and effective use of support personnel such as site engineers or technicians
- Highlight issues that need urgent and immediate attention and provide real-time, meaningful information that addresses the needs of senior management
- Support your reports with graphical views presenting meaningful data
Power System Manager:
The TrellisTM Power System Manager allows a comprehensive view of the data center power system from utility entrance down to rack power distribution–helping managers and engineers cut energy costs and maximize capacity.
The one-line diagram offered in Power System Manager will allow data center managers to visualize the operating state of all the devices as well as dependencies linked with them–in a single diagram. This provides users simple, comprehensive and real-time data to help them make fast, sound decisions in ensuring power is maintained in the data center at all times.
With Trellis Power System Manager:
- View power system resource utilization and capacity
- Increase awareness of the active power path and the status of each device in the power system
- Understand the dependencies of the complete power system
- isualize the aggregate status and capacity of paralleled power devices
Through the use of Energy Insight within the TrellisTM platform, visibility into the energy consumption and operating efficiencies within the data center have never been easier. With the Energy Insight unified dashboard, you gain visibility into the energy consumption and operating efficiency of the data center. IT managers are able to use the information gathered to maximize energy usage, minimize energy waste and reduce utility costs.
With Trellis Energy Insight:
- Understand the sources of data center operating inefficiencies to identify areas for performance improvement.
- Track current and historical efficiency metrics (PUE and DCiE)
- View energy consumption dashboards (kW/hours) for determining data center sub-system cost
- Accurately understand real-time energy consumption (kW/hours) and cost of operating subsystems through a unified dashboard
- Capture current and historical efficiency metrics (PUE and DCIE) to ensure compliance to Green Grid’s efficiency metrics for data centers
- Understand and track where inefficiencies are occurring within devices and sub-systems in the data center to identify areas for performance improvement
- View a unified dashboard that provides Data Center Managers visibility into the energy consumption and operating efficiency of the data center